Saturday, May 5, 2012

Yes, I'll Have Another... Continued

Well here is the sober version of my Derby weekend update, still from this stupid iPad though, so all errors, blame them on Apple. Well, I was saying that Daddy Long Legs maybe a Derby threat and after watching the replay on the news here about 15 times, DLL got the best break from the one hole that anyone could ask for. He looked great but before he even got into the gate, the horse was extremely sweaty. Colm Odonoghue said that the horse was overheating which is why he stopped asking DLL. Not surprised considering it was 95 degrees yesterday and the horse probably isn't used to those temps being stationed in Ireland. Regardless of what others may say, I still love this colt and I want one of his babies to be made into one of my dressage horses. Take Charge Indy who finished second to last is going to have ankle surgery. I was just at The Galt House, having a drink and who happened to be there, none other than my love, Mike Smith. Of course I didn't say anything considering he would probably get a restraining order against me, but I did hear him talking about his ride on Bode. Bode is an inexperienced horse, and they need to get his speed under control, and the Derby isn't the place to be learning how to do this. I understand this. And hey, second place isn't all that bad. I think Baffert is pleased with the run. Everyone wants to win, but if you can't win, you might as well run second. I have been saying that I like I'll Have Another for sometime now. I think people want to believe that he won the Bob and Bev Lewis Stakes by luck, but when he came back to take the Santa Anita Derby (over Creative Cause) that just proved he has more luck than talent. Now that he won the Derby, I hope people will start thinking that this is a legit horse and not a case of beginners luck. And on top of that it was his jockeys, Mario Gutierrez first Kentucky Derby. Who wins in there first Derby? Really, that's amazing! Dullahan ran third, don't love this horse but I think he will be tough competition. I have a tendency not to love Dale Romans horses for really no good reason. Went The Day Well came out of no where to finish fourth and that surprised the hell out of me. I didn't not for one second think this horse had it in him, but apparently he did. Union Rags, what the he'll happened to you? And race fans, our we now over Gemologist and his unabated record. Please. I love Winstar farm, but this horse has been overrated since day one. He only had two graded races under his girth, and really what Derby level horse can't win an allowance race. Other than that, moat of these horses ran poorly, or they just couldn't find their way out of the pack. Tomorrow I'll Have Another ships to Maryland for the Preakness, I'm sure Hansen will ship, but other than that I'm not sure who will continue on to the next jewel in the Triple Crown.

No comments:

Post a Comment