Monday, May 28, 2012

Happy Memorial/Met Mile Day!!

Talk about a deep field in the Met Mile (Win and You're in for the BC Dirt Mile) this year, Caleb's Posse (my personal favorite) To Honor and Serve, Jackson Bend, Shack, Caixa Electronica, and Saginaw, all ran in the 10th race at Belmont Park today.  They seemed to spend a long time in the starting gate,  I guess To Honor and Serve was having a some issues.  Shack broke on the lead, which he held for the entirety of the race, Caleb's Posse rallied toward the end and it was a photo finish, Shack won by a nose.  To Honor and Serve was bottled up on the rail, but still finished third.  Jackson Bend, was off his game today and finished last.

I vow, from here on out, I will now have more respect for Shack.  I thought he had no chance against Amazombie, which he did beat him, and I really didn't think he had a chance today.  Shack has just come back at a 4 year old and he is ready to run.  I'm excited to see the majority of this group run again in the Breeder's Cup Dirt Mile.

No comments:

Post a Comment