Saturday, May 19, 2012

Preakness Day

All I want is a Triple Crown winner, but I don't think it will be this year.  The Preakness is 1 3/16th miles long, I'll Have Another is a closer, Mario, a very good, but a very young jockey, I am not confident that he will be able to get this horse to attack at the right time.  If he goes to early, I think the horse will tire, if he goes to late, he will not be able to rally enough for the win.  I think I'll Have Another, with in running style only, has better chances of winning the Belmont (although, I do not know enough about his pedigree to comment on the Belmont distance).

Bode- possibly could be too tired?  Going with my "Plum Pretty" theory (I said about her running in the La Trionne, that she did not have enough of a layoff after the Apple Blossom) I think he may have run to hard in the Derby, that is he able to do it again today?  Shack, who was the leader in the majority of last years Derby came back to win the Preakness.  Overall, my point is, I will not be surprised if Bode wins, but I think he may have a Derby replay, be on the lead the whole race, then end up hitting the board, but not with the win.

Went the Day Well- I think this horse has a chance.  He impressed me in the Derby, now he's on my short list.

Creative Cause- For some reason, I just have never really got to rally behind this horse.  I am an emotional horse-woman, and I just do not like this horse that much.  This does not take away from the fact that he can win this race, but after a sub-par Derby performance (finishing 5th), he should of joined his peers and skipped over this race.

Daddy Nose Best- with Julien, why bother talking about him.  Daddy did nothing in the Derby, finished 10th.  I'm not sure why his connections are racing him.  Give him a break, then have him come back against Grade 2 and 3 company... I like this horse, but he is not fully Grade 1 material.

Optimizer- why is he even racing?

I think a non-Derby runner, will win this.  Other than that I have no idea, and with the new job I have not been reading as much as I usually do.  I'll probably through small bets on Bode, Teeth of the Dog, and Cozzetti (due to Dale Romans sex appeal)



$1 million Preakness Stakes (gr. I, Race 12, 6:18 p.m.), 3YO, 1 3/16 Miles (Dirt)
PP. Horse, Jockey, Weight, Trainer, Odds
1. Tiger Walk (KY), K J Desormeaux, 126, I Correas IV, 30/1
2. Teeth of the Dog (KY), J Bravo, 126, M R Matz, 15/1
3. Pretension (NY), J Santiago, 126, C W Grove, 30/1
4. Zetterholm (NY), J Alvarado, 126, R E Dutrow Jr., 20/1
5. Went the Day Well (NY), J R Velazquez, 126, H G Motion, 6/1
6. Creative Cause (KY), J Rosario, 126, M Harrington, 6/1
7. Bodemeister (VA), M E Smith, 126, B Baffert, 8/5
8. Daddy Nose Best (KY), J R Leparoux, 126, S M Asmussen, 12/1
9. I'll Have Another (KY), M Gutierrez, 126, D F O'Neill, 5/2
10. Optimizer (KY), C S Nakatani, 126, D W Lukas, 30/1
11. Cozzetti (KY), J Lezcano, 126, D L Romans, 30/1



2 comments:

  1. This post brings up a lot of questions, but I'll just choose one.... "Dale Romans sex appeal"???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dale Roman's is the sexiest man in horseracing.

    ReplyDelete