Friday, January 20, 2012

Eclipse Recap....

Well its been a couple of days since the Eclipse awards, but I am pretty please, and I did predict most of the winners...

and Obviously, Havre de Grace won Horse of the Year.  She had no other competition, she by far had the most stellar year (for older horses that is, we had quite a few undefeated babies out there).  For the two year old division, the honors were given out to those who deserved it; My Miss Aurelia and Hansen.  Although on that note, I did not think Hansen would win by as many votes as he did (he had 194 and Union Rags had 52).  I can not wait to see what these horses have to offer in their three year old seasons.

3-Year-Old Division: I was bullshit when I found out Animal Kingdom won.  Yes he won the Kentucky Derby and he raced in all 3 Classic races, but Shakleford placed ahead of him in 2 of the 3.  I do not think a division champion should be named when he did not race passed June.  Caleb's Posse deserved the title, and he only lost by 3 votes, which makes it that much more aggrivating.  Royal Delta won the title for the females, the ladies 3-year-olds had a great division this year, but Royal Delta clinched it with her win in the BC Ladie's Classic.  I'm excited to see what she has to offer on her trail to the Dubai World Cup.

Older Male/Female- Havre de Grace won by a landslid for the ladies, most obvious choice.  As for the males, Acclamation won.  It was a tight race between him, Game on Dude, and Tizway.  Acclamation deserved it, although all of these horses had stellar years.  I think if Tizway avoided injury, he would have given all older horses a run for their money when it came to the BC Classic.... but I've always been a fan of his.

Turf Horses: Cape Blanco, for the males.  Well deserved, he did a lot of travelling and preformed well all year.  As for the females, Stacelita- really?  Yes, she won first palce in the United Nations & the Beverly D, but she had an extremely poor 10th place in the BC Filly & Mare Turf.  Maybe there just were no break out stars in this category?  I would of given it to Perfect Shirl.

Sprinters: Male-Amazombie, there was no question in this category.  As for females, I did not expect Musical Romance to win, but her preformance in the BC most likely sealed the deal.

Steeplechase-Black Jack Blues....Ill keep you updated when I begin watching these races.

Trainer-Bill Mott, well deserved due to wins in the BC.  If they went for purses earned, it should of gone to Todd Pletcher.  But I'm fine with this decision.

Owner- Ken and Sarah Ramsey.  Who wouldn't be happy for them?

Breeder-Adena Springs, they are just a powerhouse.

Jockey-Ramon Domingues, he rode what 3 of the winners?

and Kyle Frey won the apprentice jockey award. 

All in all, I cant argue too much with the winners, pretty close to my predictions list.

No comments:

Post a Comment