Tuesday, November 6, 2012

BC Friday


Juvenile Sprint:
With the scratch of Super Ninety Nine, Merit Man became the favorite.  I also had money on South Floyd in this race, but he was scratched at the gate. The vet scratched South Floyd at the gate due to being off in one of his left front foot. I liked Ceiling Kitty as well, basically she had many starts under her and three wins, and this was the Breeder’s Cup, you risk a lot by not betting Euros. Also, an advantage for her was running without Lasix.  Who I counted out; was Hightail.  He went off at 15-1 under Rajiv Maragh, and he was 0 for 8, of course we should count this horse out.  Merit Man flew out of the gate, but they then were running four wide, two lengths only separated the whole field. Merit Man made his move after the turn and Sweet Shirley Mae was right behind, then Hazardous came up on the rail, saving all of the ground and ended up winning by a head.  P Val sent in an inquiry, Hazardous and Merit Man had a slight contact going down the stretch, but lets be honest; these are two year olds.  P Val, I think you were just being a sore loser.  For being 50 years old, you should probably be able to lose a race with dignity at this point.
Final Order of finish, Hightail, Merit Man, Sweet Shirley Mae, Hazardous, Ceiling Kitty.

Marathon
Worth Repeating was scratched due to lameness from the day before that got no better on BC Friday.   The favorite for this race was Atigun under Mike Smith, who was third in the Belmont Stakes this year.  I liked long shot Juniper Pass and Grassy in this race.  I was nervous about Grassy due to his lack of dirt starts, but that horse will run all day.  Jaycito being in this race was a complete joke; the Zayats once again think their horses are much better than they are.  Jaycito set the early speed pace, pretty much because there was no one else to due it.  Half way through the race, Fame and Glory the import proved that he was just no factor at all.  Atigun took the lead and then at the top of the lane Grassy made his move and on the outside Calidoscopio made his move and blew away the field to win by 4, Grassy was second, Atigun took third and Juniper Pass came in for fourth.  It was Aaron Gryder’s first Breeders Cup win.

Juvenile Fillies Turf
I was all about Spring Venture in this race.  This filly was 3-0 up at Woodbine, and she looked great in all her wins.  I also had money on Flotilla on this race, for no apparent reason, just seemed like a decent long shot to me. I refused to put money on Tara from the Cape, due to the fact that I hate Cape Cod. Flashy Ways who was undefeated in Southern California, but I just wasn’t feeling her, even though her connections paid the $100,000 supplemental fee. Sky Lantern, the Euro, went off at the 5-2 favorite.  Everyone seemed to break off well, and the front of the pack was 4 or 5 wide.  Tara from the Cape led the pack down the backstretch.  Flotilla, a Euro, was stalking the leaders, then after the turn down the middle of the track, flew by everyone to win it. Spring Venture did nothing but get caught in traffic was ridden very wide. Watsdachances, the Chad Brown trainee came in second, and third was taken by Summer of Fun.  Board was full of long shots in this race.

Juvenile Fillies
I just really liked Beholder in this race.  Rumors went around all week that Executivepriviledge was not training well leading into the race.  Kauai Katie should not have been entered in this race; she should have run in the sprint.  I liked Dreaming of Julia; she was probably my favorite out of the three unbeaten fillies.  Renee’s Queen was a total bitch going into the gate, her rider had to get off.  Beholder and Kauai Katie both flew to the lead, Executivepriviledge took third with Spring in the air and Renee’s Queen following.  Right before the second turn Dreaming of Julia stepped up; Beholder was still on the lead.  She just opened the hell up finishing the turn and then Executivepriviledge tried to come in for a stretch duel but she drifted out pretty wide.  Exeutivepriviledge finished second, and Dreaming of Julia came in third.  This race makes me really excited for the 2013 Kentucky Oaks.

Filly & Mare Turf
I liked the Euros, The Fugue and Nahrain in this, Chad Brown’s Zagora and Lady of Shamrock.  Up I was up in the air about, she just didn’t have enough wins behind her to convince me that she could pull of this win, even though I have a growing obsession with Aiden O’Brien.  Star Billing took the lead followed by Marketing Mix, In Lingerie and Zagora. Down the stretch Zagora just went flying by, followed by Marketing Mix and The Fugue who came in third, who was trapped at the rail for almost her whole trip.  Lady of Shamrock did have a good last run, but she just does not measure up against this crowd.

Ladies Classic
I didn’t want Royal Delta to win, I just don’t respect her as much with Blind Luck and Havre de Grace out of the game, but she couldn’t beat either of them so that’s basically my issues with her.  But Mike Smith now has her mount and we all know my feelings about him.  Awesome Feather, I have been following her for quite sometime.   Other than that, My Miss Aurelia, who I love, that filly is a fucking animal.  They all broke great, and Royal Delta just took the lead and no one could touch her.  She finished in 148.80 and she and Mike were flawless.  My Miss Aurelia ran second and Include Me Out finished third.  Questing was pulled up, with an apparent eye injury.  I don’t believe it, I think she was pulled up because she had no chance.  Awesome Feather was depressing.  Where did she even finish?  She does not run against tough company and it obviously showed in this race.  Royal Delta's next year campaign should be 100% against the boys.  

No comments:

Post a Comment