Tuesday, November 13, 2012

BC Day 2


Juvenile Turf:
I’m writing these as I’m watching the race replays and a stupid football game took over the first part of the coverage.  I am too lazy to go and look the race up on you tube, so this is all your getting, George Vancouver won, owned by the same connections as Wrote, who won this race last year.  Second went to Noble Tune and third went to Balance the Books.

Filly & Mare Sprint:
Went to Groupie Doll (who this was the second fasted F&M Sprint ever).  Everyone saw this coming from a mile away.  Dust and Diamonds was second, and Switch came in third (she was second these past two years).  Where was Turbulent Decent in this race?  What is going on with this filly?

Dirt Mile:
I was all about Shack in this race, I love this horse, and he is an animal. This dirt mile at SA versus Churchill, its two turns this year, as opposed to one.  Emcee and Fed Biz were also two other horses that a lot of people had their eyes on.   I liked Tapizar as a long shot in this race, he's got a good pace, and I just really like his sire, Tapit.  Shack bobbled at the start and I think he just couldn’t get his full rhythm.  After the second turn, Emcee was at the rail and Tapizar was racing next to him, and he just opened up down the stretch through the finish line.  Rail Trip followed him and Delegation came in third.  Emcee was 6th, Shack was 7th and Fed Biz was 8th.

Turf Sprint:
I had money on Mizdirection, the Mike Smith mount, and the Euros in this field.  Other than that I don’t understand this downhill turf course, so I was just kind of guessing in this race.   California Flag, who has the track record and won this race is 09, got some play, but my opinion of him, its time to become a cross country horse, you are getting a little to old for my likings to be this quick.  Starspangledbanner, who despite his name is a Euro, led the pack for most of the race.  Mizdirection came flying through the pack to make the widest, and latest run to win.  She was off for 160 days previous to this years BC.  Unbridled Note was second, and Reneegotzip came in third.

BC Juvenile:
I am still lost on what happened with ArchWarrior, why wasn’t he in this race?  I know that he came in 4th in the Champagne Stakes but really? I thought this horse was the next big thing.  Anyhow, that made Shanghai Bobby the favorite, which I don’t mind because I love Rosie these days.  I also put money on He’s Had Enough, can’t really stand his connections, but Mario was racing well all week, he went out as my longshot.  Title Contender looked really sweaty getting in this race.  I like Fortify, as well, and he is the only horse in this race that hasn’t run on lasix.  Title Contender and Bobby got the lead and they seemed to be flying.  Bobby opened up going through the second turn and He’s Had Enough was about to get room to go through and gave Bobby a run for his money.  Shanghai Bobby, still undefeated, won over He’s Had Enough by a head; Capo Bastone followed them.  The $2.00 exacta that I hit paid out $90.80.

BC Turf
I was all about Little Mike and St. Nicholas Abbey in this race.  I wasn’t really sure how I felt about Dullahan, I want to like him, but he has never won on the turf. Point of Entry was going off as the favorite.  I also put money on Trailblazer in this race, the Japanese import, although this horse is a huge douche bag, which needs to work on his ground skills immensely.  After a decent break for all, Turbo Compressor, Optimizer, and Little Mike took the lead.  That’s how it was until the stretch where Little Mike took the lead, Point of Entry was second, St. Nicholas Abbey had to go wide came in for third, and I hit the trifecta.  Little Mike also set a new BC record in this race and matched the Santa Anita track record.   And for the record, Dale Romans, may look like an idiot, but he really is not.

XPRESSBET Sprint
As anyone who knows me, knows I’m a very emotional racing fan.  I become a fan and I stand by that horse, pretty much until retirement; Trinniberg, is one of these horses.  I was in shock of the price that he went out at (12-1).  Trinni is super fast and I think the bright colors of his bridal and polo wraps make him faster. I also played Amazombie, for the Mike Smith factor, although he wasn’t had as good of a season as his did last year, he was fourth in his last start.  I also played Sum of the Parts, who won four of his last five races. Then I played The Lumber Guy as well, who has been doing well lately, and well I told my trainer I’d be betting on greys for her.  Sum of the Parts and Trinni took the lead followed by Fast Bullet and The Lumber Guy.  Trinniberg took the lead and won, followed by The Lumber Guy, and Sum of the Parts and Smiling Tiger were in a photo for third, but it went to Smiling Tiger.  Mike Smith said that right after the turn, the horse did not even pick it up, that the horse through in the towel early.

BC Mile
This is one of my favorite races of the whole weekend.  Years past this race has been dominated by Goldikova, one of my favorite horses of all time.  This year, I was so excited to see Excelebration.  I’ve seen a lot of this horse, due to watching many of Frankel’s races, he was going out at 2-1.  Although, my downfall with Exelebration, was that he race only two weeks ago at Ascot.  Wise Dan was the even money favorite in this race, and there was really no stopping him.  I did not believe anyone could win this race, but Wise Dan.  What I was also excited to see in this race was the return of Animal Kingdom, the 2011 Kentucky Derby winner.  He has only raced once this year.  I’m a big fan of this horse and I was pumped to see him race.  Wise Dan easily won.  Animal Kingdom ran a HUGE race coming in second, he just blew out of the pack like no other, and let be honest, from the start of this race, everyone was racing for second behind Wise Dan.  Obviously, who was on the lead for most of the race came in third followed by Excelebration in fourth.

BC Classic
So for the Classic, I was keeping it simple.  I was playing Game On Dude, Mucho Macho Man, and Ron the Greek.  I didn’t think to play Fort Larned at all.  It didn’t even cross my mind that he could win.  I actually didn’t think anyone could beat the Dude.  Fort Larned, MMM, and THAS took the lead going around the first turn, and Dude was sixth at this point. Fort Larned had the lead the entire trip under Brian Hernadez.  MMM came in second and these two, were so far ahead of the field, no one would be able to catch up to them.  Flat Out came in third, followed by Ron the Greek.  Still don’t know what happened to the Dude.  Sorry Bob.  

No comments:

Post a Comment