Monday, April 9, 2012

TC Update.

So I have been completely slacking in the blogging department...mainly blaming the fact that there is too much going on to keep up with!  And I've been busy at work. blahblahblah.

So a little recap...

Santa Anita Derby: Won by I'll Have Another.  I really like this horse/think he is a bit underrated.  Creative Cause looked great, and frankly he just didn't need to try that hard, for he has enough graded stakes earning for his locked spot in the Derby gate.  Longshot, Blueskiesnrainbows, took the third place spot. Laison and Midnight Transfer, both failed to impress.

Wood: Gemologist and Alpha were the only two contenders in this race.  I though Gem ran well, but there is just something about this horse that I am not all that impressed with.  Alpha ran a good second, I think that he will have distance trouble going into the TC.  Gemologist is going into the Derby undefeated, so I would like to see what odds he is going out at.  I do not think there was a star/Derby winning horse coming out of the Wood.

Illinois Derby:  I'm not even sure who won, I just know the Repole horse didn't hit the board.

Right now for earnings:
1) Hansen
2) Daddy Long Legs
3) Union Rags
4) Creative Cause
5) Wrote
6) Gemologist
7) Take Charge Indy
8) Sabercat
9) I'll Have Another
10) Daddy Nose Best
11) Secret Circle
12) Dullahan
13) Liaison
14) Alpha
15) Prospective
16) Trinniberg
17) Done Talking
18) Drill
19) Went the Day Well
20) Rousing Sermon

we still have the Blue Grass Stakes, Arkansas Derby...

4 comments:

  1. Why do you think Alpha will have distance troubles? He's by Bernardini, who's by AP Indy. Bernardini won the Preakness and AP Indy won the Belmont. That's a lot of stamina there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right, but if I remember correctly, Alpha hasn't won yet on more than a mile 1/16. I think the Derby fractions are going to be quicker than what he is used to, and chances are he is going to have a new jockey, (I would assume that Dominquez would be riding Hansen)for the Derby. Besides running against Union Rags, Alpha hasn't faced any serious competition since the Breeder's Cup (which he was 11th). He may surprise me in May, but I just don't think this is the horse. I am also a believer that Bernardini colts get better with age/maturity, so by the time Breeder's Cup comes back around, I may be changing my tune up.

    I could very well be wrong, I just don't think this guy can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I think Dominguez will stay on Hansen unless something happens in the Blue Grass. Also agree on Alpha's competition, and I generally dislike horses that perform awesome at Aqueduct and nowhere else.

    Interesting theory on Bernardini colts. Which ones are you referring to? Stay Thirsty comes to mind. Who else?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stay Thirsty definately, R Gypsy Gold (a filly trained by Pletcher) still nothing special, but she's starting to come into her own, I've been following Eblouissante workouts, shes 3 and has yet to make her debut, but it starting to show some good/solid work.. Wilburn (although hes been on and off). I think To Honor and Serve will have a strong 4 year old campaign. Darley/Godolphin have a bunch of his running over in Europe

    ReplyDelete