Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Mr. Commons...

So not only was yesterday the day after Christmas, but it was also opening day at Santa Anita. Due to family obligations I missed every race on the card, thus resulting in not the best mood when I ventured down to Plymouth, MA.

While at work today I've been trying to catch up on the races that I missed and the moat impressive win (that I have seen yet) was by none other than Mr. C. Now I happen to be a fan of this horse to begin with and Mike Smith just happens to be my favorite jockey and by throw in some John Shirreffs and that's a good enough combination for me to put money on. In the field of eight Mr. C was second to last for the majority of the race, but if there is one thing that Mike Smith can do, it's a come from behind win.

Going into the second turn is when the pair started to pick things up. Comma to the Top and Riveting Reason were at the lead, only tiring each other out...the boom out of the pack running between the two horses comes Mr. C to win the Sir Beaufort Stakes by 3 1/4 lengths.


Impressive win and congratulations to the connections!

No comments:

Post a Comment