Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Welcome to the Kentucky Derby DaddyNoseBest!!

Daddy Nose Best is a horse that I love.  I first saw him run on Traver's Day at Saratoga and I happened to be with my father who made it a point to let me know to bet on this horse, of course I didn't listen to him, because well what did he know about horseracing, I think I actually bet on Alex Solis and State Flag; and we all know what happened.  Daddy Nose Best ended up winning and paid out $10.60, while State Flag came in out of the money and in fifth place.  Obviously after the race, my father continued to tell me that I should always listen to him, because in fact "Daddy Nose Best".

Since that day, anytime I've seen this horse run, I put money on him just because, I never want me father to tell me he was right.  This plan back fired on me when Daddy Nose Best came in sixth in the Breeder's Cup Juvenile Turf.  Even though I lost money on him, there is just something about this horse that I love.  First of all he’s had 10 starts, and he is 4-2-1, he has won on turf and dirt, and this horse has shipped all over the country.  He is extremely versatile and I think he is a horse to be reckoned with.  Now, I really hope I am not eating my own words on Sunday, May 6th. 

On Sunday, March 25th, Daddy Nose Best earned himself enough graded stakes dollars to be in the starting gate that first Saturday in May, by winning the Grade III $800,000 Sunland Derby.  He was ridden by Julien Leparoux for Steve Asmussen.  The reason why they won this race is because they were the only one with their heads on straight.  Castaway and Ender Knievel were in a dueling 1-2 fight for most of the race, until they both tired out and Isn't He Clever tried desperately to get in on the action with them.  Isn't He Clever was able to stay on enough to get second place, a whopping 7 1/4 lengths in front of the rest of the pact.

DaddyNoseBest bankrolled $400,000 on graded stakes dollars, and with the $120,000 he won in the El Camino Real Derby and Golden Gate, he has enough money for Derby Day.

Image Source: Google

No comments:

Post a Comment